Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Rollie Pollie

Photo by: Hudson Kelly
Yesterday during my Plants and Civilization class, my table discovered a rollie pollie in the clutter of pine needles we were examining. Worried the little guy might get trampled I set him on my pencil and together we finished the rest of class taking notes and doodling. When class was over I left him on my science table and went upon my merry way.

For the rest of the day I felt very nostalgic. Thinking back to the days when my classmates and I would collect caterpillars after school during third grade. Then back to the great worm expeditions in preschool. It made me laugh a bit to know that my childhood was filled with little creepy crawlies even though they are now one of the few things that give me nightmares.

Sometimes I believe I grow backwards instead of forwards.

Written by:
Hudson Kelly

3 comments:

  1. You realize this bit needs to go into a story right? It's just too perfect of an image to not use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great insight. I love that last line and it is true in many ways.

    Thanks for the comment you left on my Luck post.

    Coming back here I see you only 2 "Prized Patrons" (great term!) and I decided to join them. I think you will do well with your blog. You express yourself nicely.


    Lee
    Places I Remember
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You have no idea what your comment (and follow) means to me!

      Delete