Monday, March 18, 2013

The Wonders in my own Backyard

With Under the Tuscan Sun still fresh on my mind I decided to explore my hometown with my “little sister”, Olivia. As we drove through my town I showed her an old faded school bus with the words Jesus Saves stamped across the front and back of it I discovered about a week ago. The bus was parked in front of a house that seemed just as abandoned as the bus itself, making it a bit more unusual. 




After, we walked to the outskirts of town where I showed her the timeworn tire swing that has swung the children of my “turf” since before I can remember. There is something about an old tire swing that just makes you feel free. Maybe that’s why we are so envious of children? Children are unaware of boundaries we grown ups have created and are allowed to live their life in sheer bliss.

Even though the day doesn’t seem like much, it was such an amazing adventure that promised many more to come.



My outfit~
Shirt: Matalan
Skirt: Topshop
Beanie: gift

Olivia's Outfit:
Cardigan: Thrift store
Shirt: Target
Shorts: Urban Outfitters

No comments:

Post a Comment