Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Adventure's Out There!

For those of you who know me or have kept up with my blog, you would know that I have recently returned from living abroad in the North of England. An experience that I don’t think I will ever forget. The adventure itself was so inspiring and beneficial that as I flew back into the states I knew that I entering the country as a completely different person from the one who left it.

Because of England I now have a five-year-plan—Well, a more realistic five-year-plan I should say. When I started this blog if you would have asked me if I knew what I wanted to do with my life I would have given you an answer on what I wanted, but not an answer on how to get there. Something I now know.

Another thing that has changed is that I am more open-minded and at peace with myself. It’s funny I have never once been that person who has questioned their identify, if anything I was always quite sure of beliefs and what I wanted out of life, but as my journey continues I discover more qualities or dreams I never even knew I had. So I don’t know if I can really call that discovering or growing?

I think this all came about because, for the first time since I was 14, I was only responsible for me. Being the oldest of your siblings is always hard since you are constantly being view as a role model but when you are put in the situation where you have to become a motherly figure to one of your siblings because of health issues in your family, your whole world turns upside down and you begin to stop taking care of your own personal needs.

When I was in England I did not feel like I had to watch what I said or did, because no one knew me. And as far as I knew, they would never see me again. For once I could be myself without any consequences. So I treated England like an adventure. Whenever I was out I took in everything around me and talked to whomever I could, eager to learn new things and become more diverse. I met people who I know have changed my life forever and saw things that have made me realize just how magical this world truly is.

I am so thankful for my time I spent abroad that I would like to dedicate my next five posts to them. So my fellow readers bear with me as I reminisce in some of the best moments of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment